Hostýn Association is a not for profit organization of Czech and Slovak cultural communities in the Province of Quebec.
How to participate
Camp Hostýn is open to visitors. Membership in HA is not a prerequisite for a visit.
How to contribute
- Volunteers carry out all work such as renovations and maintenance. One can help with cleaning, lawn moving, benches and table painting etc. Please consult our yearly schedule or contact the camp manager.
- Help is wanted in the kitchen, cooks and cook helpers are needed during organized activities, picnics.
- During summer camp for children, we need counselors, cooks and cook helpers, maintenance technician and a camp director.
- You may donate construction material, tools, gardening supplies, kitchen appliances and equipment, sporting goods etc. Financial donations are also accepted.
- Hits: 4261
Slovak and Czech organizations in Canada
- Mr. Joseph Kuchar, Waldeck-U Lesa Experimental Farm
- Tom Silber, Coulée Miton Cast Enr, Ornamental Metal Work, Gates, Railings, Windows grills
- M. Pierre Valée, Soudure Mobile PV Inc.
- Alpina Salami Inc
- Brasserie Artisanale L'Amere A Boire Inc
- Adams Viennese Bakery
- Wawel - Pâtisserie polonaise
- Fairmount Meat Market & Delicatessen
- Restaurant Bohemia
- Salamico Co Ltee
- Paní Štěpánka Krajíčková "Shock Wave Therapy" Tel. 514-472-0880
- Bob Vojtěch, Tonaka Construction
Representatives in the Czech Republic and in Slovakia
We are currently searching for a travel agency to represent us in the Czech Republic and in Slovakia.
- Montrealský věstník
Czech and Slovak Mass in Montreal
- Ascention Evangelical Lutheran Church, 865 Jarry St. W, Montreal, H3N 1G8 Tel: (514) 272 8570 Pastor Ristau, Predseda kongregácie: Ján Čomaj, Tel: (450) 621-4109
- Ascention of Our Lord (E.R.) Church, 45 Legendre St. W., Montreal, H2N 1G9 Tel: (514) 389-9836
- Misie Sv. Václava: Mše svatá je sloužena zhruba jednou za měsíc. A to v neděli, vždy v 11 hodin v kapli Loyola High School , 7272 Sherbrooke Street (blízko West Broadway), Montreal. Informace podá otec Lubomír Svorčík tel. 416-836-7109
- Hits: 3889
|May 2016||Camp is opened|
July 3- July 23, 2016
|Summer camp for kids|
|July 24, 2016||Camp is opened for family recreation|
|October 2016||Camp closed for Fall manintenence|
- Hits: 5253
Membership in HA is open to persons of Slovak or Czech descent, their spouses but also to persons with a strong tie to Czech or Slovak republic, for example, people with knowledge of the language, culture or history, etc. Members are required to be loyal to HA and promote the interests of HA. Members receive special offers and have priority with reservations.
Members that significantly contribute to HA, are actively involved in supporting HA, can apply for voting membership.
Our mission is supporting the moral, intellectual and spiritual development of Czech and Slovak people. We preserve, maintain and improve the camp Hostyn as a meeting place and a recreational facility, and organize various cultural activities. Camp Hostyn is the last remaining piece of property in the province of Quebec owned by Czech or Slovak community.
The application can be downloaded from here in PDF (in Czech only).
- Hits: 4674